The aim of the #BeASkillCoach programme is to train young people to become peer mentors and soft-skills coaches in the sports sector.
In three cumulative focus modules, we teach sport competencies and soft skills that aim to nurture independence, communication skills, conflict management or organisational talent, for example. These social skills not only help the young people with regard to a possibly upcoming job in the sports sector; they also empower them to deal with challenges in everyday life, making it easier for them to participate in society.
At the end of the further training programme, the young people have the possibility to use their knowledge as a youth coach or peer mentor in partner organisations or in associations or schools.
- The basics of football technique, training methods and development, and sample exercises
- Football3 training
- Footballbased soft skill trainings
- First aid course (in co-operation with the Vienna Red Cross)
- Communication training
- Fair play and anti-discrimination (in co-operation with the »fairplay« initiative)
- Conflict management
- Gender equality
- Assisting in project groups at the »Kicken ohne Grenzen« annual tournament
On the field young people learn about fair play, inclusion and respect.
92,86% of all participants agree to the statement:
»I'm proud being a footballer.«
— According to a questionnaire in April 2018